Bettors South Africa: Sports Betting, News, Legal Updates & Insights
🍀 Welcome to Bettors!
Betting in South Africa is all about betting on your favourite sports. The goal of Bettors is to ensure that gamblers know what they’re doing when making their predictions. We are your one-stop site offering reliable and useful tips for online betting in South Africa. We cover the Bettors review, as well as guides on major sporting events like football, basketball, tennis, volleyball, and ice hockey , among others.
At Bettors, we don’t leave out any detail. You can get up-to-date information about the best Bettors app, Bettors deposit and withdrawal methods in South Africa, sporting events, and even news on major leagues. You’ll also get the latest on Bettors registration, promotions, fixtures, lineups, and many more at Bettors.
So anytime you want to learn anything related to sports, Bettors withdrawal and online betting in South Africa, don’t hesitate to go through our platform. We stand out from other sites because we are thorough in our analysis. We give unbiased reviews and point out red flags to lead sports fans down the right path.
- 🍀 Welcome to Bettors!
- ⚖️ Is Sports Betting Legal in South Africa?
- 🌟 Sports Betting in South Africa
- 📅 South Africa’s Top Events you Need to Bet On
- 🏆 List of Betting Sites in South Africa
- 🎁 Welcome Bonuses on Betting Sites
- 📚 Our Betting Guides
- 🔍 How We Review Online Betting in South Africa
- ❓How to Choose Your Betting Site
- 𓅐 Betting Predictions in South Africa
- 🔐 What you Need to Open an Account and Register in South Africa
- 💳 What You Need to Know About Payments in South Africa
- 📡 Live Streaming and In-play Betting Options
- 🔐 Responsible Gambling in South Africa
- Most Popular FAQs for betting in South Africa
⚖️ Is Sports Betting Legal in South Africa?
Sports betting is completely legal in South Africa. Every province has its own authority that regulates the industry and South Africans can bet on all their favourite sports, such as rugby, cricket, football, and tennis.
This regulation allows the betting industry to be completely above board and helps bettors to continue safely in the knowledge that their money is highly protected on the best betting sites.
🌟 Sports Betting in South Africa
As in many other countries across the world, soccer – or football – is a beloved sport when it comes to South African sports betting sites. But customer account holders will be able to find betting markets covering all kinds of sports, events and tournaments. If there is a sporting event happening somewhere in the world, the best betting sites in South Africa are probably covering it.
⚽ Bet on Football in South Africa
In South Africa, football is one of the most popular sporting events and one that fans love to bet on. At the best betting sites in South Africa, you can bet on regular football matches as well as virtual soccer games. Football usually has more markets compared to other sporting events at online sportsbooks. Some of the popular sporting events you will find online in South Africa include:
- South Africa Premier League.
- Champions League.
- English Premier League.
Usually, the best sites will not only offer a wide variety of markets but also competitive odds on football events.
🏀 Bet on Basketball in South Africa
Basketball is the second most popular sport in South Africa and across the globe. Many sports fans love to bet in South Africa on top basketball competitions. Like Football, Basketball also boasts of a South African betting market for all sports at online betting sites. Sports fans will have options to bet on:
Usually, the type of bets you’ll find for basketball include match winner, handicaps, total points, etc. Most bookies offer basketball options live and also for pre-match betting in South Africa.
🏏 Bet on Cricket in South Africa
Cricket events are also quite popular in South Africa. However, they are not as popular as football or basketball games. However, many bettors in South Africa favour this event, so it’s not surprising to find betting options on cricket matches. For cricket, you’ll find top tournaments like:
- Test competition.
Cricket options are available for pre-match and live betting in South Africa. You’ll also find a variety of markets like the Inner Runs, Coin Toss Winner, and other special bet types.
🎾 Bet on Tennis in South Africa
Tennis games are also one of the top sporting events you can bet on in South Africa. They usually boast of high odds compared to other sports. If you’re a tennis fan, you’ll find Tennis events like:
- Australian Open.
- Roland Garros.
You’ll also find virtual tennis options at many of the leading betting sites. The games also feature a wide range of markets like total sets, match winner, total games, and games winners.
🏇 Bet on horse racing in South Africa
South Africans love horse racing, and it’s no wonder it is one of the most popular events in the country. If you don’t want to bet live, you can do so at any of the leading online bookmakers for South African players. Usually, you’ll find extensive coverage of this sport in the country.
Some of the popular horse racing tournaments you’ll find at the best betting sites in South Africa include:
- Ascot Gold Cup.
- Grand National.
- Kentucky Derby.
Also, these events are available for live betting and pre-match betting in South Africa. Some of the horse racing markets include Place Bets, Each way Bet, Win Bet, and many others.
📅 South Africa’s Top Events you Need to Bet On
We have already mentioned some of the many sports events and tournaments that South Africans enjoy watching. It is not surprising that these huge events bring in a lot of sports betting interest.
As well as all the domestic competitions in football, cricket and rugby, there are several popular tournaments from other countries that South African betting sites cover. Some of the biggest are the Premier League, the English Championship, and La Liga.
The big international football tournaments also always attract a lot of interest. We can take the AFCON and the World Cup as examples – and you should easily be able to find some very attractive betting odds.
If you want to bet on domestic sports, here is a list of the top 5 sporting events in South Africa:
|Event Name||Sport||Start Date||End Date|
|Premier Soccer League||Football||August 12, 2023.||May 19, 2024.|
|Currie Cup||Rugby||March 10, 2023.||June 24, 2023.|
|Summer Cup||Horse Racing||November 25, 2023.||TBD|
|South African Open||Golf||June 16, 2023.||June 17, 2023.|
|Rugby Championship||Rugby||July 8, 2023.||July 29, 2023.|
🏆 List of Betting Sites in South Africa
There are plenty of choices when it comes to betting in South Africa. Punters have a wide range of online sites, all covering the biggest and most popular sports happening around the world. These sports betting sites will generally provide welcome bonuses to entice new customers to join their platform.
- Get a R25 Sign Up Bonus and 50 FREE Spins!18+. Wagering requirement an turn over in full at odds of 5/10 (0.5 decimal) or greater. Free Spins are fixed at 60c per spin. Maximum real money payout is limited to R1 200 per player. T&Cs Apply. Full T&Cs
- Competitive horse racing odds
- FICA bonus
- Live in-play betting option
- 100% first deposit match up to R1000.00 as a Free Bet.18+. Bet R10 or more on selected games from 7th February to 25th March and you could win a share of R1,000,000 in cash every week. Each bet of R10 or more will earn you a point for the Mega Million leaderboard. T&Cs Apply. Full T&Cs
- Promotions for new and existing customers
- Live betting available
- Exclusive sign up code
- Get 100% up to R3,000 Games Bonus, 50% up to R500 Sports Free Bet and 50 Free Spins on Queen of Fire18+. Players must make a minimum deposit of R50. 1Voucher excluded. Players need to roll over their deposit amount 1 (one) time on games bets or settled sports bets on odds of at least 1.50 to unlock all three bonuses. The Sports Free Bet is equal to 50% of your deposit amount. The maximum Sports Free Bet amount that can be received by a player is R500. General 10bet Terms and Conditions apply. Full T&Cs
- Variety of in-play markets
- 24/7 support
- Up to R1000 Welcome Bonus + 25 Free Spins on your First DepositNew customers only. Up to R1,000 credited as a Welcome Bonus plus 25 Free Spins on Floating Dragon. Min deposit R50. One bonus offer per customer, household & IP address only. Turnover 3x at 2.50 on deposited amount. Cashed out/Free bets won’t apply. 18+. T&Cs apply Full T&Cs
- Get a 100% extra up to R500018+. New customers only. Min deposit R50. Max bonus amount R5000. The bonus amount must be wagered 6 times (Sports bets must be taken at single bet min odds of 7/10 or 1.70, Multiple Min Odds of 12/10 or 2.20 and each leg must be 2/10 or greater). Bet.co.za’s general bonus Terms and Conditions apply. Full T&Cs
- Exclusive bonus code
- Live sports feature
- Promotions for new and existing customers
- Welcome R25 Free Bet18+, Once activated, the Bonus Bet will expire in 48 hours. The R25 Free Bet is valid for one single bet (pre match or live) at minimum odds of 1.50. Should the Bet win, the R25 Bet stake will subsequently be voided. To qualify for withdrawal of the Bonus Bet winnings, a minimum deposit of R25 must be made and subsequently played through at 1 x turnover. The maximum winnings permissible from the R25 Welcome Bonus is capped at R1000, with maximum withdrawal from playing solely on bonus funds being R10 000. Full T&Cs Apply. Full T&Cs
- Live Games feature
- Exclusive welcome bonus
- Big variety of sports events
- R50 Free Bet18+. R50 Bonus to be rolled over 3 times at 2/1 or better before it can be withdrawn. Only single bets can be placed with bonus money. Bonus funds to expire if not fully transferred to main wallet within 15 days. No split bets are allowed for qualification of the bonus or rolling of the received bonus amount. Participants SUPABETS account must be successfully FICA’d. Full T&Cs apply. Full T&Cs
- 100% deposit Bonus + 20 Free Spins18+. Minimum deposit to qualify for this promotion should be R 10.00. The bonus amount is equal to the first deposit made (Maximum deposit amount is R 1 000.00), plus get up to 20 free spins on pragmatic games only. Minimum odds per bet and bet leg are set to 2.2 and multi-bets are allowed. Winnings are only transferrable when the wagered four (4) times the bonus amount. The Free spins are valid for 24 hours. Full Terms and Conditions apply. Full T&Cs
🎁 Welcome Bonuses on Betting Sites
Take a look at our table below of up-to-date welcome offers from the best sports betting sites in South Africa.
📚 Our Betting Guides
Now you know more about sports betting in South Africa and what sports are most the important. You will probably want some more information about how to go about your sports betting.
The good news is that whatever level of betting experience you have, we have got you covered. We have betting guides covering everything you need to know for your sports bets. Just select your preferred guide from the list below.
🔍 How We Review Online Betting in South Africa
Usually, we advise that gamblers in South Africa should remember the fun of predicting games. However, one has to remember that there’s a possibility you will lose your money while betting in South Africa.
We give gamblers useful tips to help them when they place bets at South African bookies but we also know there isn’t a sure way to win. There’s no doubt our tipsters and experts are the best, but we believe people should be realistic with their expectations. However, even without a guaranteed winning strategy, you can still take advantage of our predictions if you sign up with any of our recommended betting sites.
The reason is that we take our time to analyse each bookie, independently to test their offers. So if we tell you that a bookmaker gives better odds, then you can trust they do. We’ve tried and tested each one of them before leading our ardent readers to sign up with the bookmaker.
Our criteria for reviewing sites for online betting in South Africa is based on:
The better the odds, the better your wins. As a result, our recommended list of online betting sites offer higher odds compared to other South African bookies. We make sure to compare the odds offered on different sporting events when choosing these sites.
📱 Mobile compatibility
Another thing we factor in during our review is the availability of mobile platforms for South African bettors. We make sure to review the site’s apps or even mobile websites. Especially finding the compatibility with various devices as well as its usability.
💳 Available payment options
Usually, before you can begin online betting in South Africa, you’ll need to deposit money. The best sites in South Africa should have more than one payment method to deposit and withdraw funds. These are part of the criteria that make up for our review.
🎁 Bonuses and promotions
There’s also the issue of promotions and bonuses in South Africa which give betting sites an edge over each other. We make sure to look through their offers as well as the terms and conditions for these incentives. So, if you go through our platform, you will learn about deposit bonuses, free bets, cashbacks, and other rewards offered.
📚 Bet types
Also, you can find the South African betting market on a variety of sports betting options. However, only a few offer unique markets which you won’t find elsewhere. We go through all the bet types for the different sports betting options offered on the site during our review.
⏳ Support work quality
It’s always great if a bookie can go the extra mile to attend to customers’ inquiries. This is especially true if there are technical glitches on the site or some other problems customers are experiencing. We usually try out all the support options, whether it’s by live chat, telephone, or email.
The most important criterion when reviewing betting sites is to check out their trustworthiness, for instance, if the betting site pays its customers or if they don’t have any fraudulent reputation. We also verify their gambling licenses to confirm that they are actually registered in South Africa.
❓How to Choose Your Betting Site
Before you choose any betting site in South Africa, it’s important you make a checklist of the certain criteria they must meet. When betting in South Africa, you must consider the following:
|Choose the best betting site||Why it’s important||What to check/expect?|
|Welcome bonus||Use bonus on sports bets||Deposit bonus, free bets, cashbacks|
|Betting Features||Single bets and multibets||Wide variety of betting options and markets|
|Live Betting||Gives bettors an edge||Better odds and live streaming|
|Betting Odds||Higher payouts||Competitive odds for different markets|
|Mobile App||Betting while on the go||iOS and Android apps|
|Registration Process||Easy sign up process||Registration Form and FICA|
|Deposit methods||Easily fund your betting account||Debit cards, vouchers, EFTs|
|Withdrawal methods||Access to your winnings||Instant EFT, cash withdrawals|
|User Experience||Excellent interface and navigation||Intuitive and mobile-friendly website|
𓅐 Betting Predictions in South Africa
We can also help you with your betting predictions. There are many different types of betting markets for correct score predictions and both teams to score predictions. We have articles that will help you with livescore predictions as well as the all-important full time predictions to guide your sports betting.
🔐 What you Need to Open an Account and Register in South Africa
It’s easy to set up your betting account in South Africa. Most bookies will usually ask for your personal details. However, the process of registration usually takes a couple of minutes. After filling out their registration form, you will be required to FICA your account.
FICA is one of the South African betting regulations for all licensed bookies in the country. As part of the South African betting regulations, they will need to get your identification documents before you can access all of their platform’s features. This is especially true if you expect to withdraw your winnings on the site.
Here’s a quick guide to sign up with a South African sportsbook:
- Choose a reliable online sports betting site.
- Go to their sign up page and enter your details.
- Submit your government ID, utility bill, or Bank statement.
- After verifying your account, you can begin using the site.
💳 What You Need to Know About Payments in South Africa
In South Africa, bettors will have access to several payment options. The reason is that when one option isn’t available, you can always choose the next convenient payment method. The leading bookies usually allow bettors to fund their accounts with their debit cards like Visa and MasterCard. They also accept other unconventional options like Skrill, PayPal, and Ecopayz.
Here’s a list of the top betting operators and their minimum/maximum deposit and withdrawal limits:
in South Africa
Min & Max
Min & Max
R1 000 000
R1 000 000
📡 Live Streaming and In-play Betting Options
There are many bettors in South Africa who prefer to bet live on sports. If you’re one of them, you’ll be surprised to find out that many of our recommended betting sites offer in-play options for a wide variety of sporting events. Usually, the live betting section allows bettors to wager in real-time. So, while the action is ongoing, you can bet based on your analysis of the game.
Typically, live bets offer bettors an edge because they can follow the game live, unlike pre-match betting. They can weigh their options based on the performance of teams. Also, the best sites offer live streams, which makes it even better. So if you can’t watch the televised event, you can follow the action through the live stream.
Some betting sites also provide Livescores. You can take advantage of the live scores when betting in South Africa.
🔐 Responsible Gambling in South Africa
Sports betting can be an immensely enjoyable experience. But it should be noted that it is something that should be done for fun. It should not be a serious approach to make money. If you are getting into trouble because of your betting, you should always seek out help.
Several organisations are always willing to assist. All the best betting sites will also have bespoke checks in place to protect you.
Please gamble responsibly when you are making your sports bets.
Most Popular FAQs for betting in South Africa
Yes. Online sports betting in South Africa is legal, and you can use any of the licensed bookies in the country.
You can get started with online betting by choosing any of our top sports betting platforms to sign up with.
You can find the best bonuses and promotions at online betting sites in South Africa by checking out our reviews. Our articles analyse in detail all the offers at the best online bookmakers for South African players.
When comparing online sportsbooks, look out for their odds, payment methods, trustworthiness, as well as the availability of mobile betting in South Africa.
The major benefit of in-play and live streaming is that it gives bettors an edge since you can follow the games in real-time to make better betting decisions.